Thursday 4 September 2014

Faint With Quaint - Day 4


This is from a photo I took in a ridiculously quaint village in North Wales near where my friends live. I photographed everything that moved and everything that didn't, and by the end of our wander I was practically dizzy from the sensory overload. I'm sure that everyone else in our party was practically dizzy too from my over-enthusiasm. I am a tiresome companion when it comes to such occasions as I can't restrain myself from raving (constantly) about how beautiful, quaint, gorgeous, stunning and  ridiculously pretty everything is.

But I'm sure you will agree that I can't really be blamed for such behaviour - here are some photos of the village which give a far better insight into what I'm talking about than my sketch could possibly do.

 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, so great that you are going to do another challenge. I really love your sketches. Indeed the village in Whales looks beautiful. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I agree... just too ridiculously pretty, gorgeous, sumptuous, quaint, bucolic, picturesque,...i would be just like you if I was there...it is hard to believe such beauty sometimes! to enjoy it like you do though, is important to savour the moments as you do. love your sketch, I'm sure you'll be reminded of that moment every time you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketch is great Wendy, and I agree on the beauty of he place...I would have been just as 'tiresome' as you raving about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wendy - you and I would make wonderful traveling companions because you sound just like me - very enthusiastic. We would just leave those others behind and enjoy quaint, stunning, beautiful. Your sketch is fabulous Wendy. So glad too you shared your pictures. They really exude quaint and stunning! Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would react the same way, Wendy! Love your ink sketch and fab photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Raving with enthusiasm rocks!" As you do Wendy! Good for you! So glad you got excited about your trip! Sally said it all for me! I would imagine coming for so different and so very beautiful Australia desert land seeing so much greenery could be happily overwhelming. So happy you had a great "sensory over loaded" adventure!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really great sketch Wendy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to move there!!! Looks like a lot of great reference to work from, Wendy. Love this sketch. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone for all your encouragement! Sorry I haven't responded separately to everyone - feeling a bit overwhelmed with keeping up with all my correspondence at the moment!

    ReplyDelete