Sunday 8 September 2013

Day 9 - Seaweedy Beach

                                                 Acrylic on board 15cm x 12cm (4.5" x 6")

I had an early start today as I had to drop my daughter at school by 7.30am. So in contrast to yesterday's late painting finish (early evening) I finished this one by 9.34am. I feel that I have the day ahead of me now to do some writing. First though, a short walk in some local bushland to admire the spring flowers which are out in their full glory right now. I will take my camera of course and I may just spot something for tomorrow's painting reference.

Because we are about 12 hours ahead of the US, I suspect that this post will show up as still being the 8th Sep, so I have taken a photo of the time and date on my computer to show that this is day 9 for me here on the west coast of Australia.


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Wendy! Really like the clouds in the horizon. I enjoy follow your painting challenge! Also love the yellow Capsicum you painted yesterday, the colors are great. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou dear Hilje! I am finding it tiring, but still so enjoying the challenge. I hope you had a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed a couple days of visiting your blog and your already on day 9! You are doing beautiful work Wendy! I love this last seascape with the distant clouds. Excellent job!
    Great work on the yellow Capsicum from yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Celia! The days are passing at a cracking pace I must say and it really takes out the day even if the painting itself only takes a couple of hours. But I'm really loving it. I hope you are enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors in the water! You are doing well in this challenge! I try to keep up with looking at some of the other entries...some days I just don't have time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karen, so far so good with the challenge. Today is going to be tricky to fit one in - so I'll have to be extra creative with my time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome Wendy! Love that beach scene! Good luck with the challenge, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I really appreciate your kind comments and your support!

      Delete
  8. Very nice, Wendy! Enjoyable work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert, I am just about to check out your latest painting!

      Delete