Sunday 22 September 2013

Day 22 - Grass Tree #2

                                                   Acrylic on board 11.5cm x 16cm

I painted this from the photo below that I took some years ago not too long after a fire had been through the bush. It's a grass tree. I intend to enter it in the Daily Paintworks "grass" challenge. Lori Quarton had suggested that my previous grass tree might go well in it, so I thought I'd paint another one especially for the grass challenge. Thanks for the idea Lori!


2 comments:

  1. This will be a great addition to the challenge Wendy! I love this tree, it's amazing that it survived the fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celia! Believe it or not many Australian plants thrive after bushfires have been through. Many plants actually require fire to open their seed pods as without fire they can't germinate. Seems a bit of a brutal way to operate doesn't it?

      Delete